1. Press the 1x21” accent strips in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together (right sides out).
2. Align the long raw edges of the pressed accent strips with the long edges of the focal print 4 1/2x21” strip (c); sew together using a 1/8” seam allowance.
3. Lay the Step 2 unit along one long edge of the 9 1/2x21” strip, with right sides together. Sew together with a ¼” seam allowance. Readjust the remaining long edge of the Step 2 unit with the remaining long edge of the 9 1/2x21” strip. Sew together with a ¼” seam allowance to make a tube. Turn the tube right side out. Center the focal print and press the tube flat.
4. Fold the Step 3 unit in half lengthwise, right sides together. Sew together the ends to create a “canoe.”
5. Turn the ends out to create the points at each end. Press the points in place to create the table runner.