Each week we come to you LIVE on Facebook at 2 p.m. CST!
In this episode we are using fat quarters (you can use scraps) to make different sized squares perfect for cups, candles, and more..... Thank you to GE Designs for the use of this tutorial video.
1. Choose your fabric. We used four coordinating fat quarters.
2. Watch GE Designs Video to learn how to cut and sew your candle mat. Heidi challenged Jami to see how many we could get out of these four fat quarters. We made four mats in three different sizes. Here are the sizes we cut for center blocks: 3", 2", 1.5" finished. *HINT: she gives you the formula on how to cut fabrics if you want different sizes on the video*
3. Prepare your mats for finishing. We chose to do the flip and sew method. Cut the batting and backing piece to size.
4. Place the back and front pieces right side together. Lay on top of your batting to create a sandwich.
5. Sew 1/4" around your sandwich leaving a opening approximately 2 inches. This will allow you to turn your sandwich right side out.
6. Turn your sandwich inside out.
7. Whipstitch your opening. You could also sew around the top of your mat to create the 'look' of a binding.
Isn't this fun?? Imagine all the different ways you could possibly put these together! We show more ideas in layouts as well as fabric used on our video.