Hen & Chicks Studio loves to be creative inside our four walls. We talk on Create with Heidi about a variety of different ways to be creative. Wool, applique, piecing, Zentangle, coloring, quilting, kids crafts, retreats. It's everything. So, I got this idea. Why not let all of that creativity spill out into the streets and around town. In 2016 we'll be celebrating five years, so I thought we should celebrate big with everyone! That's how my idea started for our first-ever Creative Harvest Festival. This event will be September 21-24, 2016.
What is this event?
- classes from well known teachers
- Gudrun Erla of GE Designs
- Amanda Herring of The Quilted Fish
- Jenny Flieder, our favorite Zentangle teacher
- Jo Packham, editor of Where Women Create, Where Women Cook
- Carolee McMullin of ADORNit, with everything from fabric to coloring
- our own local crochet queen Ruth Hurd
- special events for both participants and the community
- special retreat package
Over the next few months on Create with Heidi I'll be bringing on many of these special guests so you can get to know them like I do.
But today I wanted to start by talking about where we are. Our community of Conrad, Iowa. Although all of the stuff I've mentioned is fun and exciting, I wouldn't be doing any of it without the support of our community, as our classes and events will spill out into the streets and into the library, the churches, the Legion and other businesses on Main Street. Like Conrad on Facebook.
So no better person to join us today but Darla Ubben, executive director of Conrad Main Street.