1. Pick your fabrics!
For each peep pocket you need two. Cut to 5" x 8"
(don't forget your interfacing too)
2. Iron fusible interfacing
to wrong side of one piece of fabric.
3. Lay your two pieces together,
pin pattern and cut.
4. IF using HOOK & LOOP closure
: sew one 1" piece to the right side of your lining fabric centered 1" from the top.IF using the button and loop closure
, place the loop centered at the top of curve matching raw edges with loop facing into the center.
5. Using your pattern, fold your 1 1/2" wide loop in half
, pinning or basting with the FOLD towards center, matching the raw edges.
6. Using a 1/4" seam, sew right sides together
. Leaving approximately 2 inch open along the bottom edge.
7. Clip bottom corners & around curved edges
8. Turn right side out.
10. Sew 1/8" across the bottom.
11. Tri-fold and press again.
12. IF using HOOK & LOOP
, place the opposing part of the hook & loop - open PEEP POCKET flat and stitch around hook and loop.IF using the loop & button
, place button and sew button in place.
14. Fold Peep Pocket into 1/3's
and top stitch 1/8" all the way around the outer edges.
Enjoy! Great to put a gift card in, use for a credit card, or student ID! We would love to hear some of your ideas!Tip:
If using a directional fabric, make sure that the curve (top of pattern) is facing the 'wrong' direction of fabric.