RetreatsOur fully-equipped quilting and scrapbooking central Iowa retreat center in Conrad, Iowa, is ready and waiting for you and your friends! Located just over an hour from Des Moines or Cedar Falls, Iowa, the Nest can be rented seven days a week and can even be rented by one person. For complete retreat package details and pricing for private retreats CLICK HERE!
Hen & Chicks Studio also enjoys hosting public Rule the Roost retreats in our second-floor retreat center, known as The Nest. Our public Rule the Roost retreats bring together women from all over central Iowa working on quilting, scrapbooking, beading, wool applique and more! Currently scheduled dates are below.
The name of our public retreat (Rule the Roost) may have changed (formerly Come Create with Me) but the concept is still the same. When you attend a Rule the Roost day you are dedicating time to working on your projects. You'll be crowing like a Rooster when you get things done!
What makes a Rule the Roost retreat different?
- A staff member from Hen & Chicks Studio will be attending, too, ruling the roost with extra surprises and special touches for our retreaters
- This is a public retreat, allowing individuals to come from all over to attend.
- Guests receive 15% off all full-priced merchandise purchased during the retreat. Can not be combined with any other specials or offers.
- Coffee, water and assorted pops included in the retreat fees.
- Must I come for all the days schedule? No! Come for whatever works best in your schedule. Pick the days that work best for you.
- Do I have to pay ahead? Yes!
- Do I need to bring a sewing machine? Yes! If you have a sewing project and you need a machine, you're responsible for providing that machine.
- Do I have to be a quilter to attend? No! We enjoy having quilters, scrapbookers, knitters, beaders, rug hookers and card makers come together. It is so inspiring.
- Can I stay overnight? Yes! The majority of our Rule the Roost retreaters sleep in their own beds, but by all means we have accommodations to fit your needs for creating into the wee hours of the night. Ask Heidi about costs and reservations.
- What happens if the weather is bad? First, we don't want anyone driving in conditions that are potentially dangerous. Heidi will determine if the event will be rescheduled or we refund you in the form of a gift certificate.
Sign up today! Forward this email to anyone you think would like to attend. Questions? Email us at Retreats@HenAndChicksStudio.com!
Showing 1 - 18 of results