Each week we come to you LIVE on Facebook at 2 p.m. CST!
NECK WRAP & SQUARE WARMER INSTRUCTIONS FABRIC: 1/4 yard makes 2 neck wraps OR 2 square packs plus one hand warmer
THESE INSTRUCTIONS are when using 1/4 yard cut of fabric. You can adjust according to your needs...or your stash.
FOR each NECK WRAP 1. Cut off salvage edge.
2. Cut fabric strip into two pieces of 9" x 21"
3. Fold in half lengthwise right sides together - or like a hot dog bun.
4. Sew 1/4" on two sides leaving one short end open.
5. BEFORE turning inside out, press your unsewn opening 1/4" wrong sides together.
6. Turn right side out.
7. Using a funnel (you can make one out of a piece of paper) fill each neck wrap with 4 cups of rice.
8. Sew your opening shut. We used a simple top stitch - you can hand sew if that pleases you.
Warm in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes, or to your liking, and enjoy this nice soothing warmth.
FOR SQUARE + bonus handwarmer - refer to pictures above as needed. 1. Cut off salvage edge. (refer to picture on Neck Wrap) 2. Cut fabric to four 9" x 9" squares (you need 2 squares for each) (the excessive fabric from a 1/4 yard strip is what we used for a handwarmer) 3. Lay your squares right side together. 4. Sew 1/4" around the square leaving approximately 2 1/2" open on one side. 5. Turn right side out. 6. Press opening 1/4" to the inside of the square. 7. Fill your square with 4 Cups of rice. 8. Sew your opening shut. We used a simple top stitch - you can hand sew if that pleases you.
*repeat steps for the excess fabric for your handwarmer using 1 CUP of rice*